At Parker & Jones, the safety of our patients and staff is paramount. We have done everything possible to make our clinic as safe an environment as possible for all who visit. This page will be kept up to date with the latest developments and changes within government advice and the clinic. Please see below the current guidelines and clinic policies.
Who can visit?
We are trying to make the clinic as accessible as possible for anyone that needs an appointment. However, our professional governing bodies have deemed that we are only able to offer urgent treatment at the current time. This applies to people who are struggling with their day to day activities and are not able to self manage their condition with advice and exercises alone.
The current guidance states that anybody currently shielding and is in the "high risk" category of Covid-19 should not leave the house and therefore should not visit the clinic for any hands on therapy.
We are more than happy to talk to high risk patients on the phone and see how we can help in the meantime. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any issues.
People in the moderate to high risk category will be triaged on a case by case basis. This means that people who are at an elevated risk may be treated in circumstances where their issue is currently severe or worsening. Cases that are not deemed to be urgent may be asked to wait a few more weeks until we can accept a wider group.
Please note only Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Acupuncture and Shockwave Therapy services are available at this time. Sports Massage will resume when non-essential businesses can open.
What is different?
The following changes have been made within the clinic:
* All non essential items have been removed and the clinic has been thoroughly cleaned. Extra cleaning will take place before and after each patient
* Appointments will be staggered so that there is never more than 1 person moving through the waiting room at 1 time
* Your therapist will be wearing the approved and advised personal protective equipment (PPE) to treat you. We will be wearing masks, gloves, aprons and occasionally visors. This is to keep both the patients and ourselves as safe as possible.
* a 15 minute gap between patients will be added to allow for change of PPE and for thorough cleaning to be performed after each patient
* a 1 way system through the clinic will be used when available (patients been seen in back room)
* All patients will be triaged the day before to confirm that a session is necessary along with making sure that they are symptom free and pose as low a risk as possible to the clinic and everyone visiting
* The toilet facilities are currently not available for patient use
What do we ask of you?
When you book an appointment, you will receive an email with a questionnaire on regarding your current health and Covid-19 exposure. We ask that you fill this in the day before your appointment and rebook if you are showing any signs of Covid-19. We will still call to confirm these details, but your input does help us out greatly and can make our service as efficient as possible.
We ask that you do not arrive for your appointment any earlier than 5 minutes before your allowed time. This helps us to prevent any overlap within the waiting room and for social distancing to be applied to patients. If possible, please wait outside or in your car right up until the time of your appointment.
ALL PATIENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK UNLESS THIS IMPEDES YOUR ABILITY TO BREATH. if you are not able to bring your own masks are available to purchase at the clinic for a non-profit fee of £1
We ask that all patients wash their hands before and after treatment
Is is safe to visit the clinic?
We have taken every precaution possible and will continue to adapt to make our workspace as safe as possible for all patients and staff. The risk of infection can not be fully removed and the nature of people moving in/out of the clinic regularly will pose a risk of infection transmission. We cannot guarantee 100% safety. The nature of manual therapy means that you will likely be in close proximity to your therapist for an extended time, therefore increasing the risk of infection transmission. This will be explained to you prior to each visit and will require your explicit understanding and agreement before visiting. For this reason, please do not be offended if we deem the potential risks outweight the advantages of your treatment. We are required to risk assess each treatment on a case by case basis and your safety is our number 1 priority.